Saturday, September 8, 2007

58 Days until the Marathon
Today's weather: 79º
Today's humidity: 62%


I had to cut short my long run today. 7.4 out of 11-12. Almost half. Not good. I don't know if it was the fact that the humidity just crept up on me or that I was exhausted from a lack of sleep this entire week due to work. I just couldn't handle it. I threw in the towel after shuffling to Prospect Park and doing a loop. I did manage to charge up the hills to get those fast twitch muscles going. But at the rate I was trying to recover from it, I just knew it wasn't going to be a good run. There are good days and there are bad days. Today was a bad day.

5 comments:

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

7 isn't shabby! That humidity will be out of here soon! Hope you rest up.
Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com

Susan said...

I think you were wise to cut it short.

Hopefully this week will be better for you.

You're almost there!!!! :)

CewTwo said...

We all have those days! I did my longest run ever yesterday and in mile 11 I tripped over my own two feet! I thought fast and put my body into a roll as I felt myself falling, but still got some road rash!

Next time will be ebtter! For both of us!

peter said...

Tomorrow is always another day. I totally believe in listening to your body. Isn't it great when you can do seven on your bad day?

ShirleyPerly said...

Yes, Charlie is right We all have bad days. But even on our bad days we do so much more than the average Joe Schmo or Jane Schmane.

Just take it in stride (pun intended) and keep going in your training. Most training programs have some built in "slack" so there's no need to try to make up for an occasional missed run or shortened run.