Wednesday, September 12, 2007

52 Days until the Marathon
Today's weather: 72º
Today's humidity: 41%

I gotta thank you guys for all the encouragement. It's much appreciated. It's like I have all these positive voices in my head keeping me on track!

Special thanks to Peter who made me realize how far I've actually come. You're all right about taking it in stride, and looking forward to the next run, (which was after work today).

These past couple of weeks were brutal at work. Not because the work was hard, but because I've had to stay late to meet deadlines and such. It totally threw my schedule out of whack. At this point there's no real making up of what I skipped. Just keep at it while paying careful attention to the knees. (Chris has been half-scolding me for not getting a knee brace, but that's another story.)

Back to the run. I got home around 7ish, ate a gel, geared up and ran about 4.25 miles. Not exactly the 5 I was hoping for, but it was getting dark out. Ocean Parkway isn't exactly well-lit, and with my astigmatism I was passing blurry cars, bikes, strollers and people. (Chris has been half-scolding me for not getting my eye exam, but that too, is another story!)

Anyway, it was a quality run. Comfortably fast, a pace I was satisfied with, and would've kept at it longer had it not slipped into nighttime. Okay, I feel SO much better now!

2 comments:

CewTwo said...

I really like working the swing shift. I am always under a crunch to gets projects completed. Last night was very frustrating and was very late with projects that had to be completed. I figure when I run today all of that will vanish!

That reminds me! Time to run!

peter said...

Sounds like it was a nice run down Ocean Parkway. Running has a way of making your work worries vanish for awhile.