Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Training Day 5

103 Days until the Marathon
Today's weather: 78º
Today's humidity: 57%

Drying off after a nice, cold shower. 3 miles quality. Well, almost quality. Running is the only time when I think men have advantage over women. Men don't have to worry about "stuff."

The run was pretty invigorating. Would have loved to do the entire run the way I was feeling. There's something addictive about breathing out hot breaths of air and pushing your body forward one step at a time. I realize chanting works for me. Make rhymes to match my steps, next thing I know, I'm halfway done and working my way back home.

I think I'll do Prospect again tomorrow.

2 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

I chant "left left left right left" like a demented drill sergeant to keep me going.

Susan said...

Excellent! So inspiring!