Saturday, July 21, 2007

Training Day 4

106 Days until the Marathon
Today's weather: 81º
Today's humidity: 43%

I ran the loop at Prospect Park today, 6 miles complete with hills, and a 1 mile cool-down. It wasn't that hard of a run, just hot and sunny. Thank goodness it wasn't muggy. The inclines were pretty good practice. I would've done that last 1 mile but for some reason the top of my right foot and my left knee was bugging me a bit. I felt the hills were enough training for one day.

Running in this park has its ups and downs (literally and figuratively speaking). I pushed myself to go faster on the inclines and took the declines a bit slower. The paths seem a bit narrower than Central Park, and it's a bit intimidating at times when the cyclists come whizzing by. Other than that I enjoy the smell of BBQ grills mixed in with the grass and asphalt, the sounds of music floating by, and the sight of people enjoying a wonderful day.

After the 6 miles, I walked to the local green market and bought some white nectarines and a cup of fresh apple cider for recovery. It's funny how fruit and juice taste so much better after a run.

Training Week #1 is in the wraps! I feel good about this.

No comments: