Sunday, July 18, 2010

Central Park Conservancy 4M

The 4M race in Central Park was brutal. By all accounts, it's going to be a hot and muggy summer. Boy was it humid! Somehow I muddled through the race. But by the last mile I was definitely having a hard time breathing. It was weird because I've never felt such a tightness in my chest like that before. Of course, there was a heat advisory, so I took it slow. Other than that, it was just a normal race, my 7th of the year. August will be training only, and I'll resume the races again in September when the weather isn't so crazy!

I've been keeping up with P90x as much as I could. It's weird to be feeling sore everyday, kinda like the new normal. The husband bought me a new resistance band, but he bought one that has the equivalent of 20lb weights. I told him he was nuts. He said he thought I would get a better workout with it. That's when I had to explain to him that I'm not looking to bulk up here... But my biceps are looking good, and my triceps are beginning to develop definition. I'm maintaining my normal weight, and I definitely FEEL stronger. All my pants feel looser too, so this is a good thing! I took some "before" pics so I can see where I need to work on. But overall, it's already having some positive results. The only thing I need to watch out for is the yoga. As weird as it sounds, it's been the most tough on my knees.

Starting Tuesday, I'll be waking up for 6am runs... I'm sooo not a morning person, so we'll see how it goes!

No comments: