Monday, June 23, 2008

You know, I think I may be setting myself up for failure for planning too much. After reading that inspiring story in Runner's World, I think I will have to own up to it and accept that life is what it is. I'm still waiting for my new sneakers to come in so I will be psyched when it does. Other than that, it's what I can, when I can. No more. No less. (Who knows, I may live a happier existence!) Anyway...

In other news, I absolutely love tofu. It's something I can eat pretty much in all forms. It has to do with my upbringing. I practically grew up on it. Fried, baked, steamed, sauteed, stuffed. I also happen to love breakfast. However, eating eggs everyday is not really an option since both my parents have high cholesterol. So I found a recipe that replaces eggs with tofu, and the result - tofu scramble!


No real recipe here. Just some crumble up some firm tofu, heat up in a skillet with some oil, tumeric, cayenne pepper, a bit of parsley, sliced mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste. It's actually quite good!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Hmmm, that could be worth trying. :D

I'm so sorry you didn't finish that one race. 7500 bucks is a bit exorbitant. I'm glad you've moved on.

Hugs.

CewTwo said...

I love tofu, also. I always have. No other food has the flexibility of tofu. It simply can be anything you want it to be.

I will try it soon.

What are your other options for a competition soon?

peter said...

Mmmm, I'll have to try that tofu recipe. I have a pkg. of tofu in my fridge that I don't know what to do with otherwise.