Friday, June 22, 2007

It's too easy to get off track. Sometimes I feel like there isn't enough time in a day to accomplish all that I need to. Things suffer because of it.

No, I haven't ran since June 9 and it sucks. I've been in 2 incredibly long weeks at work catching deadlines, staying at the office late. The fact that I have to deal with Europe means I have to get into the office earlier, and thanks to the bottleneck, the report data comes in later thereby making me stay later. At least my finances aren't suffering. But it's a constant juggle.

Life gets busy. Then you realize it's June and people get married and you have to take days off from running to go buy dresses, travel to receptions, etc. I know I'm only making excuses, at this point, but it's somewhat true. Either my health suffers or my finances suffer. Take a pick.

Next Tuesday is the big meeting in Europe and I'll have a small breather after, though then it's two weeks before the magazine deadlines, which is good money that I can't pass up on because of my end goal of getting my first home. (New York real estate isn't cheap.) Like I said, either my health suffers or my finances suffer.

The saving grace is going to be the training program that I'll start in July while I'm on vacation from work. Right now I'm stuck in a running rut.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Health vs. finances. That is a toughie! It's really easy to say health when you have a comfortable pocket... but otherwise let's get real! Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do!

Yay for training in July!