Thursday, May 17, 2007

10 Mile Pics



I have evidence! hahaha. Or at least a visual account that I actually ran this race. Check it. Don't I look pained?

Anyway, I bought this book at the beginning of the year, which has a 16 week training program that will have me running 4 days a week, building up from 15 miles the first week to 36 miles 2 weeks before the race. The longest run is on week 12 and 13 at 18 miles.

Someone who did a marathon before told me I should at least try to get a 20 mile run in. I think my concern is that I start this program now, but have too much down time (tapering?) beforehand. According to my estimates, I should be able to run the race in about 5hrs 30 min (or somewhere around there). As much as I tell myself I shouldn't worry too much about time as this is my first ever marathon, I can't help but still wonder if there's anything I can do to train for both the distance AND speed. Is there?? Or should I just worry about training for distance and totally not worry about speed at all? What do you guys think?

2 comments:

Maddy said...

Hi Lisa!
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Send me an email (via my profile) and I will send you the training plans I have.

I only have hard copies, so it may take me a few days to create a digital copy. I hope they can help you!

Susan said...

Just worry about crossing the finish line. I have only ran one marathon (3/4/07) and I did it in 5:38. I was sooooo proud. NEXT TIME I'll worry with speed.

My training plan had one 22-miler and two 20-milers. The 22-miler gave me soooooooo much confidence. Do it!

Great photos. I say any photo of someone pushing themselves is a great one!