Saturday, September 11, 2010

16.6 out of 20

As a New Yorker, I will carry the sights, sounds and smells of 9/11 with me until I die. The saddest thing isn't when the towers fell. Yes, that was tragic and traumatic, but for me personally, the heartbreak was having to witness throughout the following weeks and months, the signs and posters that were plastered everywhere, all searching for loved ones, each with a face and name and last seen. People tell you never to forget, but personally I would just like to move on...

A couple of pics from my run today:

WFC. From where I'm standing, there used to be a bridge that crossed over to one of the towers. I used to use that all the time to get to the waterfront. Not a very clear photo, but you can see the outlines of the pools near the middle of the image.

The NYPD Memorial

Probably could've done a lot more, but I don't think I hydrated properly. My calves and toes were threatening to cramp up after heading into Central Park. Also, I was running into a head wind the entire West Side so that wore me out a bit.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow. I don't know how you manage to get around that city without being 100% consumed by memories.